Saturday, January 15, 2011

Grading jail, 2011 version

It's midterms for my classes, so I am in grading jail this weekend. Fortunately I have relatively small classes this term so it shouldn't take too long to grade them.

This is a weird quarter. In my online class I have one no-show, two who seem to have no clue how to make a graph, a few decent students, and a super-keener who wants to do all the homework in one go. My campus class has a few good students, two foreign students who huddle over an electronic dictionary all through class, and one student who sits in the front row, doesn't take notes, and sleeps. I guess it takes all kinds.

Just got to see Eldest Daughter who was in town on a charity drive. Sigh. I miss her lots. It was wonderful to get a hug in person!

No comments: