
My Uncle Lew died January 10, on my parents' 61st wedding anniversary, after a heart attack that turned out to be more damaging than we first thought. Kitty Mom lost a valiant fight against oral cancer on January 16th.
It was a very hard week.
Here's hoping that the rest of 2012 is better. I've moved into the new rental place and each week, as I bring another load of furniture and belongings from the HomeCity house, the new place is less and less like camping. It will take a few months to get everything out that we can take while leaving enough for Spouse to live on until the house is sold. I'm trying to prune as I pack. That's the plan, but I realize that after a while I may get sick of that strategy and just stuff things into boxes. Trying to hold out as long as I can!
Lots of things going on at work, research-wise, which is GREAT and keeps me busier than I thought. Living only six minutes from campus is already paying off! I am also enjoying only having one class to teach--I've never had this low a teaching load. I even managed to get some embroidery in but that's another post.
2 comments:
I am so sorry about your beloved Uncle Lew and Kitty Mom. Hugs and prayers. ♥
I hope the year improves for you - I'm sure it will. In the meantime, you have my sympathy...
Post a Comment