Anyway, here is the lacing almost done. I need to make one more pass around the edge, put in the silver four-sided interlacing in the middle, and then I can take the pincushion off the stretcher bars and get the thing framed. Yay!

In other news, I think I finally have the hang of the bagpipe blowing/squeezing cycle, or at least enough of a handle on it that I can actually finish a song without running out of breath. It's great fun and scares the cat!
In work news, I am writing yet another NSF grant while STILL waiting for news on the one I submitted last May. Usually NSF says a six-month turnaround but this is nuts, to keep us waiting so long. The new call is out for this year's program and we haven't gotten a decision on last year's!
Now the serious stuff: if you have spare prayers please remember my best friend who is having open heart surgery on Wednesday.
1 comment:
It's looking good. Are you not going to finish it as a pincushion?
I will remember your friend.
Post a Comment